2D Animation Character & Attitude Walk Cycles is published by Lynda in April 2016. This book has 57m 19s pages in English, ISBN-13 .
Once you’ve completed a basic walk cycle, it’s time to add character. Animator Dermot O’ Connor shows how to take a basic walk and go beyond, building in personality, exaggeration, and attitude. Learn how to animate bipedal motion, stomps, sneaks, and goofy walks, and turn walks into full-on runs. Dermot also shows how to avoid common pitfalls such as jagged arcs. These techniques are 2D animation classics, and must-have skills for any animator, regardless of software.
- Animating male and female walks
- Changing weight and body type
- Breaking joints for flexibility
- Creating an attitude contact pose
- Animating a jog or run in 10, 8, or 6 frames