Web Scalability for Startup Engineers is published by McGraw-Hill Education in June 2015. This book has 416 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0071843652.
Design and build scalable web applications quickly
This is an invaluable roadmap for meeting the rapid demand to deliver scalable applications in a startup environment. With a focus on core concepts and best practices rather than on individual languages, platforms, or technologies, Web Scalability for Startup Engineers describes how infrastructure and software architecture work together to support a scalable environment.
You’ll learn, step by step, how scalable systems work and how to solve common challenges. Helpful diagrams are included throughout, and real-world examples illustrate the concepts presented. Even if you have limited time and resources, you can successfully develop and deliver robust, scalable web applications with help from this practical guide.
- Learn the key principles of good software design required for scalable systems
- Build the front-end layer to sustain the highest levels of concurrency and request rates
- Design and develop web services, including REST-ful APIs
- Enable a horizontally scalable data layer
- Implement caching best practices
- Leverage asynchronous processing, messaging, and event-driven architecture
- Structure, index, and store data for optimized search
- Explore other aspects of scalability, such as automation, project management, and agile teams