Essential C# 6.0 is published by Addison-Wesley Professional in October 2015. This book has 1008 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0134141046.
Essential C# 6.0 makes it easy to program with any version of C#, whether you’re creating new code or maintaining existing systems. Separate indexes for C# versions 4, 5, and 6 help you quickly find version-specific answers with accompanying visual indicators that help you identify which language innovations will work when. This edition also includes a set of best-practice C# Coding Guidelines updated to leverage C# 6.0 constructs.
- Mastering C# data types, operators, control flow, methods, and parameters
- Using C# object-oriented constructs, including classes, inheritance, interfaces, and more—all with the significantly simplified syntax of C# 6.0
- Working with well-formed value and reference types
- Implementing reliable, effective exception handling
- Reducing code complexity with generics, delegates, lambda expressions, and events (including a simplified C# 6.0 syntax for triggering events)
- Learning dynamic programming with reflection and attributes
- Querying diverse data collections using LINQ with query expressions
- Creating custom collections that operate against business objects
- Using collection interfaces and standard query operators to access .NET collections
- Understanding the Common Language Infrastructure and C# in the context of .NET 4.6
- Taking advantage of declarative programming, embedded metadata, reflection, and attributes
- Mastering multithreading and synchronization, including the new async/await paradigm
- Using P/Invoke, pointers, and direct memory manipulation to interoperate with other languages
- Understanding how C# programs relate to the underlying runtime