Digital Modeling is published by New Riders in January 2012. This book has 432 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0321700896.
Professional modeling is the foundation of every aspect of the 3D production pipeline and is essential to the success of any 3D computer graphics project. [digital] Modeling is unlike any other modeling book you’ve seen—it gets to the core of what it takes to create efficient production-ready models and demystifies the process of producing realistic and jaw-dropping graphics. Taking a software-neutral approach, it teaches you the essential skills and concepts that you can apply to modeling in any industry 3D software, such as 3ds Max, LightWave 3D, Maya, Modo, Silo, XSI, ZBrush and other leading programs. Modelers, animators, texture artists, and technical directors can all benefit from the valuable information covered in this jam-packed guide containing years of industry knowledge. Simply put, if you work in 3D, you must have this book.
In this inspiring and informative guide to modeling, industry veteran William Vaughan teaches you how to:
- Master modeling techniques to produce professional results in any 3D application
- Use the tools of a professional digital modeler
- Control your models polygon-count as well as polygon-flow
- Create both organic and hard surface models
- Understand a modeler’s role in a production environment
- Gain the knowledge to land a job in the industry as a digital modeler
- Model using specific tools such as LightWave and 3ds Max in over 6 hours of video training on the accompanying DVD
- And much more!