Learning iCloud Data Management is published by Addison-Wesley Professional in February 2014. This book has 400 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0321889119.
As apps rapidly move into business and the cloud, iOS and OS X developers need new data management techniques. In Learning iCloud Data Management, renowned Apple database expert Jesse Feiler shows you how to use Apple’s latest APIs and technologies to structure and synchronize all forms of data. Feiler helps you understand the issues, implement efficient solutions, and deliver highly usable apps that seamlessly synchronize during the “Round Trip” between iOS and OS X and back again.
This guide walks you through integrating several key Apple data management technologies, including the Address Book and Calendar APIs. Feiler shows you how to structure data so it’s easy to build great Cocoa and Cocoa Touch user interfaces and to quickly incorporate reliable iCloud syncing. Step by step, you’ll discover how to blend Apple’s standard application data structures with your own user data to create a feature-rich and fully syncable environment.
- Understanding iCloud from the developer’s and user’s point of view
- Accessing synchronized user calendars and contacts
- Integrating Reminders into your apps
- Playing by iCloud’s user privacy rules
- Applying consistent iOS Settings and OS X Preferences across user devices
- Managing persistent storage with Core Data
- Using Xcode Project Workspaces for shared development
- Adding data to app bundles and resources
- Integrating iCloud infrastructure, file wrappers, documents, and data
- Completing the”Round Trip” between both iOS and OS X