Complete Web Monitoring: Watching your visitors, performance, communities, and competitors is published by O'Reilly Media in June 2009. This book has 672 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0596155131.
Do you really understand your online presence? Are you confident that visitors can use your website? Do you know their motivations? How do online communities perceive your company? To innovate and adapt your business quickly, you must know the answers to these questions.
Complete Web Monitoring demonstrates how to measure every aspect of your web presence — including analytics, backend performance, usability, communities, customer feedback, and competitive analysis — whether you’re running an e-commerce site, a community, a media property, or a Software-as-a-Service company. This book’s concrete examples, clear explanations, and practical recommendations make it essential for anyone who runs a website.
With this book you will:
- Discover how visitors use and interact with your site through web analytics, segmentation, conversions, and user interaction analysis
- Find out your market’s motivations with voice-of-the-customer research
- Measure the health and availability of your website with synthetic testing and real-user monitoring
- Track communities related to your online presence, including social networks, forums, blogs, microblogs, wikis, and social news aggregators
- Understand how to assemble this data into clear reports tailored to your organization and audience
You can’t fix what you don’t measure. Complete Web Monitoring shows you how to transform missed opportunities, frustrated users, and spiraling costs into online success.
“This is a very comprehensive view of just about everything one needs to know about how websites work and what one needs to know about them. I’d like to make this book required reading for every employee at Gomez.”– Imad Mouline, CTO of Gomez