Beautiful Security: Leading Security Experts Explain How They Think is published by O'Reilly Media in May 2009. This book has 302 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0596527488.
In this thought-provoking anthology, today’s security experts describe bold and extraordinary methods used to secure computer systems in the face of ever-increasing threats. Beautiful Security features a collection of essays and insightful analyses by leaders such as Ben Edelman, Grant Geyer, John McManus, and a dozen others who have found unusual solutions for writing secure code, designing secure applications, addressing modern challenges such as wireless security and Internet vulnerabilities, and much more. Among the book’s wide-ranging topics, you’ll learn how new and more aggressive security measures work–and where they will lead us. Topics include:
- Rewiring the expectations and assumptions of organizations regarding security
- Security as a design requirement
- Evolution and new projects in Web of Trust
- Legal sanctions to enforce security precautions
- An encryption/hash system for protecting user data
- The criminal economy for stolen information
- Detecting attacks through context
Go beyond the headlines, hype, and hearsay. With Beautiful Security, you’ll delve into the techniques, technology, ethics, and laws at the center of the biggest revolution in the history of network security. It’s a useful and far-reaching discussion you can’t afford to miss.