C# 4.0 in a Nutshell: The Definitive Reference is published by O'Reilly Media in February 2010. This book has 1060 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0596800956.
What people are saying about C# 4.0 in a Nutshell
“C# 4.0 in a Nutshell is one of the few books I keep on my desk as a quick reference. It is a book I recommend.”–Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President, .NET Developer Platform, Microsoft Corporation
“A must-read for a concise but thorough examination of the parallel programming features in the .NET Framework 4.”–Stephen Toub, Parallel Computing Platform Program Manager, Microsoft
“This wonderful book is a great reference for developers of all levels.”– Chris Burrows, C# Compiler Team, Microsoft
When you have questions about how to use C# 4.0 or the .NET CLR, this highly acclaimed bestseller has precisely the answers you need. Uniquely organized around concepts and use cases, this fourth edition includes in-depth coverage of new C# topics such as parallel programming, code contracts, dynamic programming, security, and COM interoperability. You’ll also find updated information on LINQ, including examples that work with both LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework. This book has all the essential details to keep you on track with C# 4.0.
- Get up to speed on C# language basics, including syntax, types, and variables
- Explore advanced topics such as unsafe code and preprocessor directives
- Learn C# 4.0 features such as dynamic binding, type parameter variance, and optional and named parameters
- Work with .NET 4’s rich set of features for parallel programming, code contracts, and the code security model
- Learn .NET topics, including XML, collections, I/O and networking, memory management, reflection, attributes, security, and native interoperability