Windows® PowerShell Unleashed is published by Sams in May 2007. This book has 320 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0672329531.
PowerShell is one of the most exciting new products to come out of Microsoft in a long time. It is both a new scripting language and a command-line shell. People who have seen the demos have been extremely impressed by the power it brings to admins to automate and customize their regular tasks. PowerShell will be used as the basis for all Windows administrative scripting in the future, starting with Exchange 2007 and Vista. IT Pros have been hungering for whatever PowerShell information they can get their hands on.
This book first focuses on PowerShell basics, how it relates to existing Windows scripting practices, and how your existing knowledge can be translated into PowerShell knowledge. After gaining insight into PowerShell, you are presented with transferable PowerShell scripting examples. The goal of presenting these examples is to outline methods of using PowerShell to manage Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Server 2007 that have not been explained or touched upon by other sources.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO…
- Understand PowerShell’s basics and background
- Script using PowerShell
- Transfer existing Windows scripting skills to PowerShell
- Analyze how PowerShell can be used to solve real-world problems
- Manage the Windows File System, the Windows registry, Active Directory, and Exchange using PowerShell
- Manage Systems using WMI and PowerShell
- Customize PowerShell to meet your needs
- Script using best practices.
- Digitally sign your PowerShell scripts