Xcode 4 Unleashed is published by Sams Publishing in May 2012. This book has 768 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0672333279.
In Xcode 4 Unleashed, renowned Mac/iOS developer Fritz Anderson shows how to use Apple’s powerful new Xcode 4 integrated development environment to develop outstanding software with the least effort possible.
Anderson demonstrates Xcode 4 by walking through the construction of three full applications: a command-line tool, an iOS app, and a Mac OS X application. These case-study projects offer practical insights and realistic best practices for efficiently utilizing Xcode 4 in day-to-day development.
Next, he drills down to offer an even deeper understanding of Xcode 4’s most powerful capabilities. Through practical examples, he shows experienced Apple developers how to move to Xcode 4’s “browser” model from older document-based approaches. You’ll also find thorough, up-to-the-minute coverage of key tasks ranging from builds and profiling to documentation.
He concludes with a chapter-length roundup of “tips, traps, and features” for maximizing your productivity with Xcode 4—whether you’re writing iOS apps or Mac applications, working solo, or as part of a large development team.
Detailed information on how to…
- Get started fast with Xcode 4 project workflow
- Master Xcode 4’s new features and development paradigms
- Construct modern iOS and Mac user interfaces with Interface Builder
- Implement Model-View-Controller designs in iOS apps
- Use Storyboard to specify an iOS app’s entire structure in one file
- Leverage Xcode’s first-class unit testing and measurement tools
- Master the essentials of iOS provisioning
- Use Mac OS X bindings to simplify the link between data and screen
- Quickly localize Mac and iOS software for new languages and markets
- Package and share subprograms that can be integrated into any OS X application
- Use the Xcode Build System to move from source files to executable products
- Fully understand and optimize performance and resource usage