Doing Good By Doing Good is published by Wrightbooks in May 2015. This book has 280 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0730314844.
Doing Good by Doing Good shows companies how to improve the bottom line by implementing an engaging, authentic, and business-enhancing program that helps staff and business thrive. International CSR consultant Peter Baines draws upon lessons learnt from the challenges faced in his career as a police officer, forensic investigator, and founder of Hands Across the Water to describe the Australian CSR landscape, and the factors that make up a program that benefits everyone involved. Case studies illustrate the real effect of CSR on both business and society, with clear guidance toward maximizing involvement, engaging all employees, and improving the bottom line. The case studies draw out the companies that are focusing on creating shared value in meeting the challenges of society whilst at the same time bringing strong economic returns.
Consumers are now expecting that big businesses with ever-increasing profits give back to the community from which those profits arise. At the same time, shareholders are demanding their share and are happy to see dividends soar. Getting this right is a balancing act, and Doing Good by Doing Good helps companies delineate a plan of action for getting it done. Readers will:
- Define an effective CSR strategy that promotes better business and makes a real impact
- Understand the current landscape to evaluate the CSR options that are right for your company
- Understand why corporate philanthropy is no longer enough
- Identify the hard and soft key performance indicators that help keep your program on track
- Gain an understanding of the concept of shared value and the importance to business
- Gain insight into each step of the CSR process, from interest, to information, to implementation
The concept of CSR is not new, but traditional “payroll deductions” and “volunteer days” are out-dated and grossly ineffective. Today, companies are building simple, well-constructed programs that are changing business and changing lives on a much grander scale. Doing Good by Doing Good provides a fool proof strategy for CSR planning, with value to the company, employees, and community at large.