Windows PowerShell Best Practices is published by Microsoft Press in January 2014. This book has 736 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-0735666498.
Expert recommendations, pragmatically applied.
Automate system administration using Windows PowerShell best practices—and optimize your operational efficiency. With this practical guide, Windows PowerShell expert and instructor Ed Wilson delivers field-tested tips, real-world examples, and candid advice culled from administrators across a range of business and technical scenarios. If you’re an IT professional with Windows PowerShell experience, this book is ideal.
Discover how to:
- Use Windows PowerShell to automate Active Directory tasks
- Explore available WMI classes and methods with CIM cmdlets
- Identify and track scripting opportunities to avoid duplication
- Use functions to encapsulate business logic and reuse code
- Design your script’s best input method and output destination
- Test scripts by checking their syntax and performance
- Choose the most suitable method for running remote commands
- Manage software services with Desired State Configuration