Molecular Modeling of Corrosion Processes is published by Wiley in April 2015. This book has 272 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1118266151.
Presents opportunities for making significant improvements in preventing harmful effects that can be caused by corrosion
- Describes concepts of molecular modeling in the context of materials corrosion
- Includes recent examples of applications of molecular modeling to corrosion phenomena throughout the text
- Details how molecular modeling can give insights into the multitude of interconnected and complex processes that comprise the corrosion of metals
- Covered applications include diffusion and electron transfer at metal/electrolyte interfaces, Monte Carlo simulations of corrosion, corrosion inhibition, interrogating surface chemistry, and properties of passive films
- Presents current challenges and likely developments in this field for the future