Modeling and Simulation Support for System of Systems Engineering Applications is published by Wiley in February 2015. This book has 640 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1118460313.
Modeling and Simulation Support for System of Systems Engineering Applications provides a comprehensive overview of the underlying theory, methods, and solutions in modeling and simulation support for system of systems engineering. Highlighting plentiful multidisciplinary applications of modeling and simulation, the book uniquely addresses the criteria and challenges found within the field.
Beginning with a foundation of concepts, terms, and categories, a theoretical and generalized approach to system of systems engineering is introduced, and real-world applications via case studies and examples are presented. A unified approach is maintained in an effort to understand the complexity of a single system as well as the context among other proximate systems. In addition, the book features:
- Cutting edge coverage of modeling and simulation within the field of system of systems, including transportation, system health management, space mission analysis, systems engineering methodology, and energy
- State-of-the-art advances within multiple domains to instantiate theoretic insights, applicable methods, and lessons learned from real-world applications of modeling and simulation
- The challenges of system of systems engineering using a systematic and holistic approach
- Key concepts, terms, and activities to provide a comprehensive, unified, and concise representation of the field
- A collection of chapters written by over 40 recognized international experts from academia, government, and industry
- A research agenda derived from the contribution of experts that guides scholars and researchers towards open questions
Modeling and Simulation Support for System of Systems Engineering Applications is an ideal reference and resource for academics and practitioners in operations research, engineering, statistics, mathematics, modeling and simulation, and computer science. The book is also an excellent course book for graduate and PhD-level courses in modeling and simulation, engineering, and computer science.