Mentoring in Nursing and Healthcare is published by Wiley-Blackwell in January 2017. This book has 192 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1118863725.
Mentoring in Nursing and Healthcare: Supporting career and personal development is an innovative look into mentoring within nursing, and its implications for career success. It provides an up-to-date review of the current research and literature within mentoring in nursing and healthcare, drawing together the distinctive challenges facing nurses and their career development. It proposes new directions and practical ways forward for the future development of formal mentoring programmes in nursing.
Offering fresh insight into mentoring principles and how these can be used beyond pre-registration nurse education to support personal career development. This is an essential book for all those commencing, continuing or returning to a nursing career.
- Addresses mentoring as a career development tool
- Focuses on the individual benefits of being a mentee and mentor and how this can aid professional development
- Both theoretical and practical material is presented
- Features case studies throughout book
- Supports nurses to develop their careers
- It is sector specific but has transferability across disciplines
- A summary chapter draws together common threads or theoretical perspectives. The book concludes with strategies for future research and progress