Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis in the Behavioral and Social Sciences is published by Wiley in April 2017. This book has 240 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1119290186.
Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis in the Behavioral and Social Sciences presents a clear and accessible introduction to the basics of quantitative data analysis and focuses on how to use statistical tests as a key tool for analyzing research data. The book presents the entire data analysis process as a cyclical, multiphase process and addresses the processes of exploratory analysis, decision-making for performing parametric or nonparametric analysis, and practical significance determination. In addition, the author details how data analysis is used to reveal the underlying patterns and relationships between the variables and connects those trends to the data’s contextual situation.
Filling the gap in quantitative data analysis literature, this book teaches the methods and thought processes behind data analysis, rather than how to perform the study itself or how to perform individual statistical tests. With a clear and conversational style, readers are provided with a better understanding of the overall structure and methodology behind performing a data analysis as well as the needed techniques to make informed, meaningful decisions during data analysis. The book features numerous data analysis examples in order to emphasize the decision and thought processes that are best followed, and self-contained sections throughout separate the statistical data analysis from the detailed discussion of the concepts allowing readers to reference a specific section of the book for immediate solutions to problems and/or applications. Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis in the Behavioral and Social Sciences also features coverage of the following:
• The overall methodology and research mind-set for how to approach quantitative data analysis and how to use statistics tests as part of research data analysis
• A comprehensive understanding of the data, its connection to a research situation, and the most appropriate statistical tests for the data
• Numerous data analysis problems and worked-out examples to illustrate the decision and thought processes that reveal underlying patterns and trends
• Detailed examples of the main concepts to aid readers in gaining the needed skills to perform a full analysis of research problems
• A conversational tone to effectively introduce readers to the basics of how to perform data analysis as well as make meaningful decisions during data analysis
Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis in the Behavioral and Social Sciences is an ideal textbook for upper-undergraduate and graduate-level research method courses in the behavioral and social sciences, statistics, and engineering. This book is also an appropriate reference for practitioners who require a review of quantitative research methods.