Programming the BBC micro:bit: Getting Started with MicroPython is published by McGraw-Hill Education TAB in November 2017. This book has 176 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1260117585.
This easy-to-follow guide shows, step-by-step, how to quickly get started with programming and creating fun applications on your micro:bit.. Written in the straightforward style that Dr. Simon Monk is famous for, Programming the BBC micro:bit: Getting Started with MicroPython begins with basic concepts and gradually progresses to more advanced techniques. You will discover how to use the micro:bit’s built-in hardware, use the LED display, accept input from sensors, attach external electronics, and handle wireless communication.
- Connect your micro:bit to a computer and start programming!
- Learn how to use the two most popular MicroPython editors
- Work with built-in functions and methods―and see how to write your own
- Display text, images, and animations on the micro:bit’s LED matrix
- Process data from the accelerometer, compass, and touch sensor
- Control external hardware by attaching it to the edge connector
- Send and receive messages via the built-in radio module