HTML5 Advertising is published by Apress in December 2012. This book has 376 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1430246022.
Web advertising is changing. What was once a predominantly Flash-based medium is making the switch to HTML5, with the benefit of a plug-in free environment giving a larger audience for ads, and better integration with the page they are featured on. We live in a time where marketers, designers, and developers are confused as to what they can and can’t do on different devices, browsers, and operating systems. What better way to finally make sense of it all, than by stepping through the entire campaign process on your own terms?
- Takes you through the advertising campaign process with HTML5 from design to delivery
- Provides in-depth knowledge into the digital advertising landscape and the HTML5 specification
HTML5 Advertising equips you with the knowledge to attack cutting-edge, rich media projects with confidence and scale, while also learning the essentials to communicate to internal and external clients. HTML5 is here whether you like it or not, so why not jump in early and head down the path of building the future.
What you’ll learn
- How to work with web standards within the digital advertising desktop and mobile landscape
- Understand new HTML5 features like SVG, web fonts, device orientation, offline storage and tracking, geolocation, canvas, drag-n-drop, webGL and video
- Create, encode and deliver device and browser agnostic video for HTML5
- Create interactive and dynamic advertisements for HTML5 compliant browsers
- Deploy to mobile devices, both in application and mobile web environments
- Optimize your creatives and provide graceful failovers when needed with debugging tips
- Understand the entire digital advertising campaign process from end to end
Who this book is for