Expert Oracle RAC 12c is published by Apress in August 2013. This book has 464 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1430250449.
Expert Oracle RAC 12c is a hands-on book helping you understand and implement Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), and to reduce the total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) of a RAC database. As a seasoned professional, you are probably aware of the importance of understanding the technical details behind the RAC stack. This book provides deep understanding of RAC concepts and implementation details that you can apply toward your day-to-day operational practices. You’ll be guided in troubleshooting and avoiding trouble in your installation. Successful RAC operation hinges upon a fast-performing network interconnect, and this book dedicates a chapter solely to that very important and easily overlooked topic.
All four authors are experienced RAC engineers with a wealth of hard-won experience encountering and surmounting the challenges of running a RAC environment that delivers on its promise. In Expert Oracle RAC 12c they provide you a framework in which to avoid repeating their hard-won lessons. Their goal is for you to manage your own RAC environment with ease and expertise.
- Provides a deep conceptual understanding of RAC
- Provides best practices to implement RAC properly and match application workload
- Enables readers to troubleshoot RAC with ease
What you’ll learn
- Know when to apply RAC, and when not to
- Design applications to take advantage of RAC
- Troubleshoot and solve clusterware problems
- Manage database backup and recovery in RAC
- Stay on top of locking issues and deadlock detection
- Harness the performance from parallel processing in RAC
- Support your RAC environment with a healthy network interconnect
Who this book is for
Expert Oracle RAC 12c is for experienced Oracle Database Administrators (DBAs) who are ready to take the next step in their career by expanding their skill set to include building and managing Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC). DBAs and architects who are in the process of implementing RAC can immensely benefit from this book. It’s an excellent choice for DBAs to learn RAC conceptually, understand best practices, and become experts in troubleshooting RAC problems.