Beginning iOS Media App Development is published by Apress in November 2014. This book has 400 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1430250838.
Beginning iOS Media App Development is a ground-breaking tutorial that explores the near limitless, programmable audio-visual capabilities of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using real-world examples and thorough explanations of the code in each example. This book includes detailed step-by-step instructions and important background information from experienced media and utility app developer, Ahmed Bakir.
You’ll learn about content creation, playback, and advanced topics. In addition to deep-diving into features, we will tie together each major section with a project that illustrates what we have learned and that pulls in lessons from other popular apps. You’ll even learn about the latest iOS 8 and Xcode 6 media features.
After reading this book, you should be able to build your first rich media app or utility app that utilizes multimedia for the App Store. And, if you’re a game developer, this book will provide you with tools to help make your game app look even better.
What you’ll learn
- How to build rich, dynamic photo, audio, video, or multimedia apps using iOS SDK
- Get your hands dirty right away with hands-on examples and detailed explanations that build on what you’ve already learned
- How to develop and integrate photos on iOS
- How to create, edit and build the audio experience into your apps that have sound and music
- How to create, edit and build the video and animation experience into your apps
- How to combine these experiences and much more
Who this book is for
This book is for iOS app developers with at least some experience with the iOS SDK, Objective-C, and Cocoa Touch.