Introducing Spring Framework: A Primer is published by Apress in June 2014. This book has 352 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1430265320 .
Introducing Spring Framework is your hands-on guide to learning to build applications using the Spring Framework. The book uses a simple My Documents application that you will develop incrementally over the course of the book and covers:
• How to programmatically configure the Spring container and beans
• How to use annotations for dependency injection
• How to use collections and custom types
• How to customize and configure bean properties and bean lifecycle interfaces
• How to handle metadata using XML, annotations, and the Groovy bean reader
• How to use the new Spring Boot and Spring XD
After reading this book, you will have all you need to start using the Spring Framework effectively.
What you’ll learn
• Send and receive JMS messages using Spring
• Use the Spring unit testing features
• Send and receive AMQP messages using Spring with RabbitMQ
• Utilize aspect-oriented programming in Spring
• Integrate the Spring Framework using JDBC and NoSQL databases like MongoDB
• Create web applications and expose REST APIs
• Use email and schedule tasks with Spring
• Use Spring and Groovy together
Who this book is for
This book is meant for developers with little or no knowledge of the Spring Framework. At least some experience with Java programming is required.