Ruby Quick Syntax Reference is published by Apress in November 2014. This book has 164 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1430265689.
Ruby Quick Syntax Reference is a condensed code and syntax reference to the Ruby scripting language. It presents the essential Ruby syntax in a well-organized format that can be used as a handy reference.
You won’t find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons, or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a language reference that is concise, to the point and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any Ruby programmer.
In Ruby Quick Syntax Reference, you will find:
- A concise reference to the Ruby language syntax.
- Short, simple, and focused code examples.
- A well laid out table of contents and a comprehensive index, allowing easy review.
What you’ll learn
- What variables, operators, strings, arrays, blocks, and procs are
- How to manage statements and control structures
- How to create Ruby classes and modules
- How to use metaprogramming and change classes
- How to use loops and iteration
- How to manage errors and exceptions
Who this book is for
This book is a quick, handy pocket syntax reference for experienced Ruby programmers, and a concise, easily-digested introduction for other programmers new to Ruby.