50 Tips and Tricks for MongoDB Developers is published by O'Reilly Media in May 2011. This book has 68 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1449304614.
Getting started with MongoDB is easy, but once you begin building applications with it, you’ll face some complex issues. What are the tradeoffs between normalized and denormalized data? How do you handle replica set failure and failover? This collection of MongoDB tips, tricks, and hacks helps you resolve issues with everything from application design and implementation to data safety and monitoring.
You get specific guidance in five topic areas directly from engineers at 10gen, the company that develops and supports this open source database:
- Application Design Tips: What to keep in mind when designing your schema
- Implementation Tips: Programming applications against MongoDB
- Optimization Tips: Speeding up your applications
- Data Safety Tips: Using replication and journaling to keep data safe—without sacrificing too much performance
- Administration Tips: How to configure MongoDB and keep it running smoothly