Make: LEGO and Arduino Projects: Projects for extending MINDSTORMS NXT with open-source electronics is published by Maker Media Inc in December 2012. This book has 328 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1449321062.
Make amazing robots and gadgets with two of today’s hottest DIY technologies. With this easy-to-follow guide, you’ll learn how to build devices with Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0, the Arduino prototyping platform, and some add-on components to bridge the two. Mindstorms alone lets you create incredible gadgets. Bring in Arduino for some jaw-dropping functionality—and open a whole new world of possibilities.
Build a drink dispenser, music synthesizer, wireless lamp, and more
Each fun and fascinating project includes step-by-step instructions and clear illustrations to guide you through the process. Learn how to set up an Arduino programming environment, download the sketches and libraries you need, and work with Arduino’s language for non-programmers. It’s a perfect book for students, teachers, hobbyists, makers, hackers, and kids of all ages.
- Build a Drawbot that roams around and traces its path with a marker pen
- Construct an analog Mindstorms clock with hands that display the correct time
- Create a machine that mixes a glass of chocolate milk at the touch of a button
- Make a Gripperbot rolling robotic arm that you control wirelessly with Arduinos mounted on your arms
- Explore electronic music by building a guitar-shaped Lego synthesizer
- Build a Lego lamp with on/off and dimmer switches that you control with a smartphone application
- Jump feet first into the world of electronics, from learning Ohm’s Law to working with basic components