Mac Hacks: Tips & Tools for unlocking the power of OS X is published by O'Reilly Media in March 2013. This book has 330 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1449325589.
Want to take real control of your Mac? The hacks in this book help you dig below the surface to tweak system preferences, mount drives and devices, and generally do things with your system that Apple doesn’t expect you to do. With a little effort, you can make your Mac and its applications perform exactly the way you want them to.
There are more than 50 hacks in this book that show you how to fine-tune the interface, work with multimedia, set up your network, boost security, and perform a few tricks with Unix.
- Go beyond Preferences: change the way OS X Mountain Lion behaves
- Customize your experience by taming browsers and making apps full screen
- Get information delivered right to your desktop, and automate mundane tasks
- Use the command line and install various Unix apps to unlock your Mac’s Unix power
- Increase security, monitor network traffic, and remain anonymous
- Play Wii games and host a Minecraft server on your Mac
- Modify your WiFi, move iTunes, and record TV shows
- Turn your MacBook into a tablet and give it a custom dye job