Handbook of Dialysis is published by LWW in November 2014. This book has 900 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1451144291.
The updated 5th edition of the Handbook of Dialysis is full of evidence-based, practical information on all aspects of dialysis training and therapy. Authored by international nephrology experts, each chapter addresses a different area of the clinical realities of patient management. Topics include screening, diagnosis and management of dialysis patients, including diagnostic work-ups, patient safety, and patient monitoring issues in acute dialysis and hemodialysis cases. This is the essential dialysis manual, filled with up-to-date dialysis information, including preparation, procedures, surgery, problems and side-effects.Features:
- NEW expanded coverage of vascular access placement and management
- NEW discussion of urgent start peritoneal dialysis
- NEW chapter on practical implementation of sorbent dialysis
- NEW updated section on home and intensive hemodialysis therapies
- Coverage of topics including: peritoneal dialysis, acute dialysis, hemodiafiltration, home and intensive dialysis, blood-based therapies, the physiology of peritoneal dialysis, diabetes, hypertension, optimal management of anemia, infections, nutrition, mineral bone disorder, and much more!
- Quick-reference outline format
- Content illustrated with tables, diagrams and charts