Pocket Emergency Medicine is published by LWW in September 2014. This book has 333 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1451190656.
The newly updated Pocket Emergency Medicine, 3rd Edition is full of the essential information every emergency department clinician should have at their side at all times. In a reader-friendly and portable format the chapters are organized around presenting conditions to better serve actual ED treatment situations. Each chapter begins with approach to a condition, followed by concise discussion of important diagnostic categories, then highlights the essential elements of history, physical examination, testing and treatment.
- Quick-reference outline format, lists, and tables aid quick treatment decision-making
- Topics include chief complaints listed in alphabetical order, including trauma, pediatric emergencies, environmental exposures, airway management, distraction injuries
- Chapters address multiple diseases, disorders and procedures, providing definition, history, evaluation, differential diagnosis, classic findings, critical studies, ED interventions, indications and contraindications, treatment and references
- Acronym table and differential diagnosis table boxed for quick access
- Clinical pearls throughout text offer important data and warnings on common clinical errors
- Appendices include abbreviations, PALS protocols, information on ICU meds, important antibiotics, formulas, and common ED procedures
- 6-ring binder with pockets for reader’s notes