From Police to Security Professional: A Guide to a Successful Career Transition is published by CRC Press in January 2015. This book has 112 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1482244311.
Former police and military personnel possess attractive skill sets for the private security industry; however, the transition to the corporate arena is not without challenges. Competition for these jobs is fierce. Many candidates possess degrees in security management—some having spent their entire professional careers in private security. From Police to Security Professional: A Guide to a Successful Career Transition provides tips on overcoming the inherent obstacles law enforcement professionals face in making the switch and supplies a practical roadmap for entry into the private security world.
The foundation of the book comes from the author’s own journey and the many hurdles he encountered transitioning to private sector security. With his help, you’ll learn:
- The unique skills, experience, and mentality required to enter into the private security industry from a law enforcement background
- The opportunities available and the different areas within the industry—including benefits and income potential
- How to properly evaluate your training portfolio
- How to tailor your resume to garner the attention of hiring executives
- The many professional associations and certifications that could be helpful in your career
Vital to your ability to succeed is understanding that security management has evolved into a distinct profession in its own right—one that brings with it different education, experience, and skill sets that clearly differentiate it from law enforcement. This book will help you better understand and be prepared for the policies, processes, and a corporate environment that operates in a very different way than the police structure to which you are accustomed. With the author’s help, you’ll give yourself every advantage to get the job and succeed in your new career.