Mastering 3D Printing is published by Apress in August 2014. This book has 224 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484200261.
Mastering 3D Printing shows you how to get the most out of your printer, including how to design models, choose materials, work with different printers, and integrate 3D printing with traditional prototyping to make techniques like sand casting more efficient.
You’ve printed key chains. You’ve printed simple toys. Now you’re ready to innovate with your 3D printer to start a business or teach and inspire others.
Joan Horvath has been an educator, engineer, author, and startup 3D printing company team member. She shows you all of the technical details you need to know to go beyond simple model printing to make your 3D printer work for you as a prototyping device, a teaching tool, or a business machine.
What you’ll learn
• The history of 3D printers and the differences between them
• Why open source is important in 3D printing
• How to create models and use G-code with your printer
• How to make a challenging print work well
• How to choose and print with different materials
• How to integrate 3D printing into traditional prototyping processes
Who this book is for
This book is for new 3D printer owners, makers of all kinds, entrepreneurs, technology educators, and anyone curious about what you can do with a 3D printer.