MATLAB Linear Algebra is published by Apress in October 2014. This book has 272 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484203231.
MATLAB is a high-level language and environment for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. Using MATLAB, you can analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models and applications. The language, tools, and built-in math functions enable you to explore multiple approaches and reach a solution faster than with spreadsheets or traditional programming languages, such as C/C++ or Java.
MATLAB Linear Algebra introduces you to the MATLAB language with practical hands-on instructions and results, allowing you to quickly achieve your goals. In addition to giving an introduction to the MATLAB environment and MATLAB programming, this book provides all the material needed to work in linear algebra with ease. In addition to exploring MATLAB’s matrix algebra capabilities, it describes the MATLAB commands that are used to create two- and three-dimensional graphics, including explicit, implicit and parametric curve and surface plotting, and various methods of data representation. Methods for manipulating and simplifying algebraic expressions are covered and computational techniques for solving algebraic equations and systems of equations are detailed.
What you’ll learn
• How to use the MATLAB environment
• How to program the MATLAB language from first principles
• How to produce high quality plots of explicit, implicit and parametric curves and surfaces
• How to create exploratory data plots such as histograms, pie charts, scatter plots, etc.
• How to manipulate and simplify algebraic expressions
• How to use MATLAB for linear algebra problems, including techniques for matrix decomposition and the general study of linear and quadratic forms
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to work in a practical, hands-on manner with MATLAB in a linear algebra context. You’ll already have a core understanding of undergraduate level linear algebra, and have access to an installed version of MATLAB, but no previous experience of MATLAB is assumed.