Swift Recipes is published by Apress in June 2015. This book has 344 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484204191.
Swift Recipes provides a problem solution approach for dealing with key aspects of the Swift programming language (covering version 1.2), ensuring you have the indispensable reference you need to successfully execute common programming tasks. You’ll learn how to use the unique features of the Swift programming language as well as its use with Cocoa and Cocoa touch frameworks and libraries.
Solutions are available for a range of problems, including application development with Xcode; working with strings, numbers, and object collections; dealing with threads, multi-core processing, and asynchronous processing; and building applications that take advantage of dates and timers and memory management.
This book is an essential core reference for every Swift programmer and offers solutions in a concise and easy-to-follow manner. T. Michael Rogers has developed iOS applications for Fortune 100 brands and startups, and has trained new and experienced iOS developers via the iOS Boot Camp in New York City, online courses, and in private settings. He brings his expertise to offer you the ability to use and exploit Swift to get the most out of all your projects for your app creations, whether you use iOS or Mac OS X.
What you’ll learn
- What strings and arrays are, and how to use them
- How to manage your data effectively
- How to build and work with dictionaries, dates and times, timers, and localization
- How to deal with threads, multi-core processing, and asynchronous processing
- How to utilize Cocoa touch and Cocoa and core frameworks for user interfaces and experience design and development
- How to access and work with iOS SDK for iPhone and iPad apps design and development
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced Apple iOS, Mac OS X and even Objective-C programmers who may be new to Swift programming language. Some Swift exposure is recommended.