More iPhone Development with Swift is published by Apress in March 2015. This book has 496 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484204498.
Interested in iPhone and iPad apps development? Want to learn more? Whether you are a relative newcomer to iPhone and iPad or iOS development or an old hand looking to expand your horizons, we have the perfect Swift-flavored book for you.
The update to the bestselling More iPhone Development by Dave Mark and Jeff LaMarche, More iPhone Development with Swift digs deeper into the new Apple Swift programming language and iOS 8 SDK, explaining complex concepts and techniques in the same friendly, easy-to-follow style you’ve come to expect.
More iPhone Development with Swift covers topics like Swift, Core Data, peer-to-peer networking using Multipeer Connectivity, working with data from the web, MapKit, in-application e-mail, Camera Live-Previews integration, Barcode scanning and more. All the concepts and APIs are clearly presented with code snippets you can customize and use, as you like, in your own apps. You’ll journey through coverage of concurrent programming and some advanced techniques for debugging your applications.
What you’ll learn
- All about Swift, Core Data: key concepts and techniques for writing larger applications
- How to leverage the new Swift programming language with the new iOS SDK
- How to utilize a variety of networking mechanisms, including peer-to-peer connections over Bluetooth/WiFi using Multipeer Connectivity
- Essentials of concurrent programming and advanced debugging techniques
- Tips on working with data from the web and the cloud, including Apple’s iCloud
Who this book is for
This book is a continuation of Beginning iPhone Development with Swift. So, this book is for readers of the Beginning book or for those who have some experience with Swift and the iOS SDK already.