Beginning Xcode: Swift Edition is published by Apress in January 2015. This book has 560 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484205396.
Beginning Xcode, Swift Edition will not only get you up and running with Apple’s latest version of Xcode, but it also shows you how to use Swift in Xcode and includes a variety of projects to build.
If you already have some programming experience with iOS SDK and Objective-C, but want a more in-depth tutorial on Xcode, especially Xcode with Apple’s new programming language, Swift, then Beginning Xcode, Swift Edition is for you. The book focuses on the new technologies, tools and features that Apple has bundled into the new Xcode 6, to complement the latest iOS 8 SDK.
By the end of this book, you’ll have all of the skills and a variety of examples to draft from to get your Swift app from idea to App Store with all the power of Xcode.
What you’ll learn
- How to use Swift and new Swift-related features in Xcode
- How to get started with Xcode, using Workspaces, Interface Builder, storyboarding, tables/collection views and more
- How to dive deeper into Xcode using advanced searches, filtering, advanced editing, debugging, and source control
- How to take advantage of Xcode’s vast libraries, frameworks and bundles
- How to create exciting interactive apps for iPhone or iPad using Sprite Kit, Map Kit, and other Apple technologies
- How to share your app using organizer, localization, auto layout, and more
Who this book is for
This book is for those with some Objective-C/Cocoa and/or iOS SDK app development experience, but want to be more efficient in writing and testing their code, and people who want to know in-depth examples of Swift in Xcode.