Everyday Computing with Windows 8.1 is published by Apress in December 2014. This book has 148 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484208069.
Get the most out of Windows 8.1 for your every day computing tasks, with no jargon. Clear, concise and to the point. This brief book, Everyday Computing With Windows 8.1 provides the essentials of using a desktop or laptop running Windows 8 or 8.1, providing a fast read for the beginner and the enthusiast. Windows 8 can give new users fits with options that are well hidden; this book uncovers those so that the user can be relieved of frustration.
Techniques are illustrated step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow explanations from an established expert in the field.
Whether you have just bought your first computer or laptop or are a computer user who needs a better understanding of the basics, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to take command of your computer.
What you’ll learn
- Transferring your files to your new machine
- A tour of the new Windows 8.1 Start screen
- A look at charms, your desktop and the task bar
- Common tasks when using your computer like burning CDs/DVDs; scanning and printing documents
- Basic file management
- How to quickly search the internet
- How to connect to digital projectors and screens
- How to do useful keyboard shortcuts
- How to work with photos from digital cameras
- How to set up and using internet & email
- Setting up and using Microsoft Accounts
- How to do maintenance ensuring your machine stays in top condition
- How to use of OneDrive (the cloud),
- How to organize your music and burn CDs
- How to manage and organize your photos into albums or slideshows
Who this book is for
Whether you have just bought your first computer or laptop or are a keen computer user, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer effectively.