Android Fragments is published by Apress in November 2014. This book has 140 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484208540.
Android Fragments is a 100-page quick start accelerated guide to learning and quickly using Android fragments. You’ll learn how to code for fragments; deal with config changes; code for regular vs. fragmented dialogs; work with preferences and saving state; work with the compatibility library; and handle advanced async tasks and progress dialogs.
After reading and using this book, which is based on material from the best-selling Pro Android, you’ll be an Android UI savant. At the very least, your apps’ user interfaces and event handling will be more competitive and better performing, especially for tablet-optimized UIs and events.
What you’ll learn
- What are Android fragments
- How to work and code for fragments
- How to respond to configuration changes
- How to do regular and fragmented dialogs
- How to work with preferences and saving state
- How to work with the compatibility library
- How to handle advanced async tasks and progress dialogs
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced Android app developers wanting improved user interfaces and their behavior.