Develop on Yammer is published by Apress in September 2015. This book has 344 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484209448.
Develop on Yammer is your guide to integrating the Yammer social network with your company’s application ecosystem. By developing custom apps and features on the Yammer platform, you can make your workplace more productive, encourage communication and feedback, and get your colleagues collaborating across a range of platforms, including SharePoint, ASP.NET, and Windows Phone.
The authors provide a deep dive into the Yammer authorization process from client-side and server-side perspectives, and you’ll find out how to work closely with Yammer’s data streams and its full range of development possibilities using Open Graph and Yammer’s REST API. The final chapters cover how to build Yammer integration into standalone applications for SharePoint and Windows Phone 8 with Yammer SDKs.
All chapters are illustrated with examples and sample code, and a case study follows the development of a workplace training application as the authors apply each technique, so you can see how to make the most of what Yammer has to offer.
What you’ll learn
- Why develop on Yammer, and what development options are available
- How to add a Yammer feed to an HTML-based application using Yammer Embed, to bring relevant news and discussions into the contexts where they matter
- How to carry out secure authorization and authentication on Yammer
- How to use Yammer Open Graph and REST APIs to posts messages, create custom activities and get data from Yammer-integrated applications
- How to work with the Yammer Windows Phone 8 SDK to add Yammer functionality to a Windows Phone 8 application
Who this book is for
Software architects will also find this book valuable for planning social integration across their companies’ business ecosystems.