Beginning Python Games Development is published by Apress in June 2015. This book has 308 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484209714.
Beginning Python Games Development, Second Edition teaches you how to create compelling games using Python and the PyGame games development library. It will teach you how to create visuals, do event handling, create 3D games, add media elements, and integrate OpenGL into your Python game.
In this update to the first ever book to cover the popular open source PyGame games development library, you’ll stand to gain valuable technical insights and follow along with the creation of a real-world, freely downloadable video game. Written by industry veterans and Python experts Will McGugan and Harrison Kinsley, this is a comprehensive, practical introduction to games development in Python. You can also capitalize upon numerous tips and tricks the authors have accumulated over their careers creating games for some of the world’s largest game developers.
What you’ll learn
- How to use PyGame with Python for game development
- How to create visuals; do event handling; and more
- How to do 3D game development using Python
- How to add media elements
- How to create visually dynamic backgrounds by integrating some OpenGL and more into your Python-based game
- How to build a game project step by step
Who this book is for
This book is for Python coders wanting to learn how to build their first games. Game developers who may be new to Python and PyGame can use this book; a Python primer is included.