Windows Registry Troubleshooting is published by Apress in April 2015. This book has 136 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484209936.
Whatever version of Windows you’re using–from Vista up to Windows 8.1–the registry is at the heart of your desktop experience. Software installs and compatibility, hardware operation and more are managed by a complex database of codes and numbers. When something goes wrong it can seem impossible to diagnose and repair the problem, and harder still to prevent a recurrence or make the subtle changes and tweaks required to fix the problem. In this book we’ll take you inside the workings of the Registry, and teach you how to repair, modify and clean it to keep your PCs running smoothly.
What you’ll learn
1) How to navigate the architecture of the Windows Registry
2) How to troubleshoot faulty and corrupt Registry items
3) How to edit and work with the Registry files of other users on a PC
4) What tools and utilities can help you work with and repair the Registry
5) How to secure the registry on a Windows PC
6) What Registry tweaks and hacks can make using your Windows PC a better experience
Who this book is for
Windows power users, system administrators, help desk personnel, people working with Windows in a BYOD environment.