Pro SQL Server Wait Statistics is published by Apress in August 2015. This book has 336 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484211403.
Pro SQL Server Wait Statistics is a practical guide for analyzing and troubleshooting SQL Server performance using wait statistics. Whether you are new to wait statistics, or already familiar with them, this book will help you gain a deeper understanding of how wait statistics are generated and what they can mean for your SQL Server’s performance.
Besides the most common wait types, Pro SQL Server Wait Statistics goes further into the more complex and performance threatening wait types. The different wait types are categorized by their area of impact, and include CPU, IO, Lock, and many more different wait type categories. Filled with clear examples, Pro SQL Server Wait Statistics helps you gain practical knowledge of why and how specific wait times increase or decrease, and how they impact your SQL Server’s performance.
What you’ll learn
- How wait Statistics are generated by SQL Server
- Script examples for analyzing and tuning wait statistics
- How to lower, or even eliminate, wait times that hurt performance
- How to query wait statistics information from Dynamic Management Views
- How to build reliable and solid wait statistics baselines from which to detect performance issues
Who this book is for
Pro SQL Server Wait Statistics is the perfect guide for SQL Server DBAs wanting to troubleshoot and optimize SQL Server database installations. The book is also of interest to database developers who are serious about developing highly-performant applications and reporting systems.