Swift OS X Programming for Absolute Beginners is published by Apress in August 2015. This book has 572 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484212349.
Swift OS X Programming for Absolute Beginners is your step-by-step guide to learning how to code using Swift, Apple’s hottest new programming language. This book will not only teach complete programming novices how to write OS X programs, but it can also help experienced programmers moving to the Macintosh for the first time. You will learn to understand the principles of programming, how to use Swift and Xcode, and how to combine your knowledge into writing OS X programs.
If you’ve always wanted to learn coding but felt stymied by the limitation of simplistic programming languages or intimidated by professional but complicated programming languages, then you’ll want to learn Swift. Swift is your gateway to both Macintosh and iOS app development while being powerful and easy to learn at the same time, and Swift OS X Programming for Absolute Beginners is the perfect place to start – add it to your library today.
What you’ll learn
- The basic principles of object-oriented programming without the complicated clutter of traditional programming language syntax
- How to use Xcode, the main programming tool used for both OS X and iOS development
- What makes Swift unique and powerful as a programming language and why you should learn it
- How to create OS X programs using Swift and Xcode
- User interfaces principles that follow Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
Who this book is for
Swift OS X Programming for Absolute Beginners is for teaching novices programming and teaching experienced programmers from other environments how to use Xcode on the Macintosh. Since OS X programming is far easier than iOS development, readers can master Swift and Xcode faster to gain more confidence. Swift OS X Programming for Absolute Beginners is perfect for people who want to learn programming for the first time and for programmers wanting to learn Xcode and the Macintosh for the first time.