Java XML and JSON is published by Apress in June 2016. This book has 257 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484219157.
This book describes the popular XML and JSON data-interchange languages. You’ll explore each language and learn how to parse/create XML-based documents and parse JSON-based documents via various Java APIs. You will also learn how XML and JSON are applied and used in AJAX (and AJAJ), Android, Big Data, and Web Services contexts, all from the Java perspective.
Each chapter ends with select exercises designed to challenge your grasp of the chapter’s content. An appendix provides the answers to these exercises. A second appendix presents a list of developer questions about XML and JSON along with my answers to these questions.
What you’ll learn
- How to use Java, JSON and XML together to build services, big data
- How to use XML; parse XML documents with SAX, DOM, StAX; selecting nodes with XPath; and transform XML documents with XSLT
- What is JSON and how to explore parsing JSON content with Google GSON, Jackson, Quick JSON
- How to roll your own JSON APIs
- How to use XML and JSON with Ajax, Android, big data and web services
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate or advanced Java programmers/developers.