Beginning Robotics Programming in Java with LEGO Mindstorms is published by Apress in December 2016. This book has 234 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484220047.
This book will show you the difference between making a robot move and making a robot think. Using Mindstorms EV3 and LeJOS―an open source project for Java Mindstorms projects―you’ll learn how to create Artificial Intelligence for your bot. Your robot will learn how to problem solve, how to plan, how to learn, and how to communicate. Along the way, you’ll learn about classical AI algorithms for teaching hardware how to think, algorithms that you can then apply to your own robotic inspirations.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn about robotic intelligence in a practical, playful way, Beginning Robotics Programming in Java with LEGO Mindstorms is for you.
What you’ll learn:
- Build your first LEGO EV3 robot step-by-step
- Install LeJOS and its firmware on Lego EV3
- Create and upload your first Java Program into Lego EV3
- LeJOS API Functions
- Java Programming for Motors
- Robotics Behavior Programming with Sensors
- Common AI Algorithms like DFS, BFS, and Dijkstra’s Algorithm
- Java Multithreading Programming with Lego EV3
Who this book is for:
Students, teachers, and makers with basic Java programming experience who want to learn how to apply Artificial Intelligence to a practical robotic system.