VFX Fundamentals is published by Apress in August 2016. This book has 322 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484221303.
This book is a comprehensive, introductory title covering concepts central to Visual Special Effects using the free Black Magic Design Fusion 8.0 software package. The book also provides foundational background information regarding concepts central to digital image compositing, digital video editing, digital illustration, digital painting, 3D, and digital audio in the first six chapters on new media theory, concepts and terminology. This book builds on the foundational concepts of digital image compositing, digital audio, digital video, digital illustration and digital painting.
VFX Fundamentals will introduce more advanced VFX concepts and pipelines as the chapters progress, covering topics such as Flow Node Compositing, Timeline Animation, Animated PolyLine Masking, Bluescreen and Greenscreen Matte Pulling (generation), using Primatte and Fusion 8 Ultra Keyer, motion tracking, 3D rendering and compositing, auxiliary channels, and particle systems and particle physics dynamics, among other topics.
- The New Media Components (raster, vector, audio, video, rendering) needed for VFX
- The Concepts behind the Digital Visual Special Effects (VFX) Content Production Workflow
- How to Install and Utilize Black Magic Design Fusion 8 and it’s Visual Programming Language
- Concepts behind Resolution, Aspect Ratio, Bit-Rate, Color Depth, Layers, Alpha, and Masking
- 2D VFX Concepts such as Animated Masking, Matte Pulling (Primatte V) and Motion Tracking
- 3D VFX Concepts such as 3D Geometry, Materials, Lighting, Animation and Auxiliary Channels
- Advanced VFX Concepts such as Particle Systems Animation using Real-World Physics (Forces)
SFX artists, VFX artists, video editors, website developers, filmmakers, 2D and 3D animators, digital signage producers, e-learning content creators, game developers, multimedia producers.