ASP.NET MVC with Entity Framework and CSS is published by Apress in September 2016. This book has 608 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484221365.
This book will teach readers how to build and deploy a fully working example retail website using Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework technologies and recommendations. This book contains several solutions to real world issues that developers will frequently encounter.
Whether you are a novice developer or an experienced .NET developer wishing to learn more about MVC and Entity Framework, author Lee Naylor will teach you how to develop a detailed database driven example website using Microsoft ASP.NET and Entity Framework Code First with fully explained code examples including:
• Filtering and Searching Related Data using Linq
• Using code first migrations to automatically update the database plus seeding data from code
• How to use Visual Studio Scaffolding views and controllers
• Manage CRUD operations including model binding as recommended by Microsoft and dealing with cascading deletions correctly
• Input and data validation using Attributes
• Sorting and paging through data and routing for friendly URL formats
• Authorization and Authentication using Microsoft Identity v2 by making use of Microsoft example code including correct use of redirection after login and registration
• Advanced techniques including managing data concurrency conflicts and using two database contexts
• Asynchronous database access and paging
• Azure deployment using Code First Migrations, remote debugging and viewing/editing your remote data
• CSS Styling including animation and media queries
What You Will Learn:
• Get up and running quickly with ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework building a complex web site to display and manage several related entities
• How to integrate Identity code into a project
• Advanced topics including: Asynchronous database access and managing data conflicts
• Working with Microsoft Azure including remote debugging and database access
• CSS skills including animations and media queries for use with tablet or mobile/cell phone devices
Who This Book Is For:
People wanting to learn ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework ranging from novice developers new to the subject through to more experienced ASP.NET web forms developers looking to migrate from web forms to MVC and Entity Framework. The book assumes some programming knowledge such as object-oriented programming concepts and a basic knowledge of C#.