Mastering Oracle GoldenGate is published by Apress in December 2016. This book has 636 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484223000.
Master Oracle GoldenGate technology on multiple database platforms using this step-by-step implementation guide. Learn about advanced features to use in building a robust, high-availability replication system. Provided are detailed illustration of Oracle GoldenGate concepts, GoldenGate tools and add-ons, as well as illustrative examples. The book covers Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle database, and also discusses setup and configuration for other common databases such as IBM DB2, SYBASE ASE, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.
The technology landscape is fast-changing, and Mastering Oracle GoldenGate stays current by covering the new features included in Oracle GoldenGate 12c. The book covers both classic capture and integrated capture, as well as delivery. Also covered are Oracle GoldenGate security and performance tuning, to keep your system secure and performing at its best. You will learn to monitor your GoldenGate system using tools that come with Oracle GoldenGate management pack, as well as using shell scripts. Troubleshooting is well-illustrated with examples:
- Covering Oracle GoldenGate technology across common database brands
- Discussing high-performing and secure replication environments
- Speaking to replication in Big Data and cloud computing environments
What You Will Learn
- Implement Oracle GoldenGate for real time replication
- Secure and tune your replication environment for high performance
- Administer your Oracle GoldenGate environment
- Learn troubleshooting approaches with help of examples
- Learn and make use of GoldenGate Management Pack and its API
- Feed live data into Big Data and cloud-based systems
Mastering Oracle GoldenGate is for database professionals who have chosen to ride the Oracle GoldenGate roller coaster for real-time replication solutions. The book is for beginners as well as professionals who are willing to master the leading replication technology in the industry. It is an excellent choice for professionals who are implementing or maintaining Oracle GoldenGate replication environments on any of the major database management system platforms.