High Impact Data Visualization in Excel with Power View, 3D Maps, Get & Transform and Power BI is published by Apress in November 2016. This book has 599 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484223994.
Take business intelligence delivery to a new level that is interactive, engaging, even fun, all while driving commercial success through sound decision making. Do this through the power of visualization using this updated edition covering new features and added support for visualization in Excel 2016, and describing the latest developments in Get & Transform and DAX. The example data set has also been updated to demonstrate all that Microsoft’s self-service business intelligence suite is now capable of.
Data Visualization in Excel 2016: Power View, 3D Maps, Get & Transform, and Power BI, 2nd Edition helps in harnessing the power of Microsoft’s flagship, self-service business intelligence suite to deliver compelling and interactive insight with remarkable ease. Learn the essential techniques needed to enhance the look and feel of reports and dashboards so that you can seize your audience’s attention and provide them with clear and accurate information. Also learn to integrate data from a variety of sources and create coherent data models displaying clear metrics and attributes.
Power View is Microsoft’s ground-breaking tool for ad-hoc data visualization and analysis. It’s designed to produce elegant and visually arresting output. It’s also built to enhance user experience through polished interactivity. Power Map is a similarly powerful mechanism for analyzing data across geographic and political units. Get & Transform lets you load, shape and streamline data from multiple sources. Power Pivot can extend and develop data into a dynamic model. Power BI allows you to share your findings with colleagues, and present your insights to clients.
Data Visualization in Excel 2016: Power View, 3D Maps, Get & Transform, and Power BI helps you master this suite of powerful tools from Microsoft. You’ll learn to identify data sources, and to save time by preparing your underlying data correctly. You’ll also learn to deliver your powerful visualizations and analyses through the cloud to PCs, tablets and smartphones.
- Simple techniques take raw data and convert it into information.
- Slicing and dicing metrics delivers interactive insight.
- Visually arresting output grabs and focuses attention on key indicators.
What You Will Learn
- Produce designer output that will astound your bosses and peers.
- Drive business intelligence from Excel using BI in the Cloud.
- Gather source data from corporate and public sources.
- Integrate charts, maps, and tables to deliver visually stunning information.
- Discover new insights as you chop and tweak your data as never before.
- Adapt delivery to mobile devices.
- Outshine competing products and enhance existing skills.