Web Applications on Azure: Developing for Global Scale is published by Apress in January 2018. This book has 515 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484229750.
Build .NET apps on Microsoft Azure services that can grow to Internet scale. Learn how you can make smart application architecture decisions and follow best practices so that your website can handle tens of thousands of concurrent users and deliver your content globally.
Author Rob Reagan takes you through key Azure technologies targeted toward building web applications, and along the way shares his lessons learned in scaling out a real-world web application. After an overview of web application building blocks, the book dives into relational and NoSQL data storage options on Azure, including Azure Table Storage and CosmosDB. You’ll then discover how to make best use of Redis Cache, Web Jobs, Messaging Queues, and more, alongside other tips, tricks, and troubleshooting advice for when things go wrong. The book concludes with a thorough exploration of best practices for deployment at scale.
What You’ll Learn
- Develop scalable architecture patterns on Azure with ASP.NET MVC
- Understand the pros and cons of using SQL Azure vs. NoSQL solutions (Azure Tables, CosmosDB)
- Perform data migration, backup, and recovery in SQL Azure
- Use effective caching
- Troubleshoot your web applications
- Know best practices for deployment
Who This Book Is For