Microsoft Computer Vision APIs Distilled is published by Apress in January 2018. This book has 90 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484233412.
Dive headfirst into Microsoft’s Computer Vision APIs through sample-driven scenarios!
Imagine an app that describes to the visually impaired the objects around them, or reads the Sunday paper, a favorite magazine, or a street sign. Or an app that is capable of monitoring what is happening inside an area without human control, and then makes a decision based on interpreting an occurrence detected with a live camera. This book teaches developers Microsoft’s Computer Vision APIs, a service capable of understanding and interpreting the content of any image.
Author Del Sole begins by providing a succinct “need to know” overview of the service with descriptions. You then learn from hands-on demonstrations that show how basic C# code examples can be re-used across platforms. From there you will be guided through two different kinds of applications that interact with the service in two different ways: the more common means of calling a REST service to get back JSON data, and via the .NET libraries that Microsoft has been building to simplify the job (this latter one with Xamarin).
What You’ll Learn
- Understand AI’s role and how devices and applications use sophisticated algorithms to improve people’s lives and business tasks.
- Analyze images for Optical Character Recognition to detect written words and sentences
- Think about the next-generation applications in relation to your customers’ needs
- Get up-to-speed on the latest version of the Computer Vision service, which now comes through Azure
- Set up an Azure subscription in order to access the Cognitive Services within the portal
After reading this book, you will be able to get started with AI services from Microsoft in order to begin building powerful new apps for your company or customers.
Who This Book Is For
Developers just getting familiar with artificial intelligence. A minimal knowledge of C# is required.