Practical Webix [PDF, EPUB] is published by Apress in April 2017. This book has 407 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484233832.
Learn to create speedy cross-platform applications with ease using Webix. You will begin with an introduction to Webix and basic usage, exploring the interface components and utilities it offers, as well as the tools available (skin builder, form builder, and code snippet testing facility).
You’ll understand how Webix can integrate with other popular libraries and frameworks including Angular, Vue, React and more (as well as third-party components like dHTMLx and rich text editors). You will learn tangential topics including communication with back-end systems (Node.js and common related tooling), packaging as a Cordova app and, of course, you will learn how to use Webix following the Progressive Web App delivery mechanism.
What You’ll Learn
- Explore the capabilities and UI widgets it provides and the features that make it stand out from its competitors
- Build one web technology-based app that works on both desktops and mobile devices (Android and iOS)
- Create and hook a Webix app up to a Node.js/Express-based RESTful server API for data storage
- Mobilize a Webix app using both PhoneGap and Progressive Web App techniques
- Enhance your Webix and general development skills in the most fun way possible: by building a game
Who This Book Is For
Moderately experienced front-end developers who want to learn about Webix and the power it brings to client-side development.
Developers looking to use their web development skills to build cross-platform apps that work on both desktop and mobile devices with Webix as the foundation.
A working knowledge of CSS, HTML and JavsScript is assumed, though you don’t need to be an expert.