Programming Chrome Apps is published by O'Reilly Media in January 2015. This book has 274 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1491904282.
Put your web app design skills to work by learning how to create powerful and portable Chrome Apps. With this practical book, you’ll learn how to build Google’s unique apps to behave just like native apps so they can interact with hardware devices, access external files, and send notifications.
- Learn how to build, run, and debug Chrome Apps step-by-step
- Use Chrome Apps to access local files, sync files, and external files
- Take advantage of key-value-pair APIs, including sync storage and IndexedDB
- Use WebSockets, Google Cloud Messaging, and other networking methods
- Display graphics and images with Canvas, SVG, and the Media Galleries API
- Use alarms, context menus, location, the camera, Bluetooth, USB, and other APIs
- Publish apps to the Chrome Web Store with the Chrome Dev Editor